5 Social Media Hacks You’ll Love
We all love “life hacks.” Such as using a hairdryer to remove water rings from a wood table. Or using a clothespin to hold a nail when hammering. But what about social media marketing hacks? At Delaware ShoutOut, these hacks bring us great joy – even more than do rainbows and unicorns.
Here are our favorite social media hacks. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
1. Facebook: Convert post likes into page likes without advertising. This is awesome! When you post a company page update that gets lots of likes, click “and [number] others” at the bottom of the post, as shown below.
You’ll then see everyone who likes your post and whether they already like your page. Those who don’t yet like your page will have an “Invite” button next to their name. Click “Invite”; some will accept your offer! People who engage with your page should be your #1 fans, right? And I don’t mean that in a Kathy Bates/Misery kind of way.
2. LinkedIn: Find out how many connections someone with “500+” connections really has. Want to gauge someone’s popularity and LinkedIn prowess? Take my husband, Steven Miles, who begged me not to use him as an example. Type his name in the top search bar, and click the magnifying glass to show all results. Then click “500+” under his name.
At the top of the next screen, you’ll see the true number.
What????? My sweetie has only 530 connections?! When I married him, I thought he was closer to 1,000! Since he’s cute, smart, and pretty much all-around amazing, I guess I’ll keep him. (Sigh.)
3. Twitter: Learn how people think of you. Some active Twitter users create lists of other Twitter accounts to organize their news feeds. What lists have people put you on? Click “Lists” and then “Member of.” Our @deshoutout account, for instance, has made it on 61 lists, mostly all about social media. (To clear up any confusion, the number 5 in the screenshot is the number of lists we’ve compiled ourselves.) See what lists you’re on, too!
4. Instagram: Boost interaction with this magic number. According to TrackMaven, interaction skyrockets on Instagram when your posts include 11 or more hashtags. That’s right, 11 or more. (This statistic applies to accounts with 1,000 or fewer followers.) More hashtags certainly make your content more discoverable. But always put quality over quantity. Don’t write a hashtag like “#thisismy11thhashtaghoorah just to get to 11. And don’t even try adding 11 hashtags on a Twitter or Facebook post. Your engagement will plummet. Trust me.
5. Google+: Improve search engine rankings with lots of content. Google+ is essentially Google’s failed attempt at competing with Facebook. Google+ is so unpopular that when I post on it, I’m shocked when someone notices. Why use Google+, then? Because even if none of your friends see you on Google+, Google will see you on it. And Google will reward you with higher search engine rankings. Anything you post on Facebook, for instance, should go on your Google+ page. (Use a tool like Buffer.com to post to Facebook and Google+ at the same time.) This includes regular updates as well as any photos and videos you can dig up. You’ll thank me for it.
Try out these hacks, and let me know what you think! For more help on your social media, reach out to me email@example.com or (302) 273-2845. I look forward to hearing from you!